Tuesday, June 19, 2007

We made it....

through the night. It was a lot of trying different things to see what worked. Now tonight to see if what worked was actually right of if he was just exhausted and fell asleep haha.
Liams worker called. We are now considered his pre-adoptive family. If you could see my smile you would know how darn happy I am!! Grandpa called the worker so now he is aware of what is going on. He was not happy with the way it had happened at all. Then again no one is. But he is just concerned that Liam is happy. I called him this morning and left a message so he can get a hold of us. We are to determine what we feel is appropriate as far as visiting. For now we will start with phone calls and see how that goes.
Actually Liams worker had about 6 calls about Liam on her machine for when she came in this morning. Only one was from me. But the school, therapist (who is coming to our house for the appointments!), grandpa and the old family all left messages too. One popular kiddo haha.
Liam got sick last night and was so upset at himself because it was on the carpet. It took a lot of reassurance that I was NOT mad I was worried how he was and he kept asking if I were mad about the floor. Poor kiddo. You know it seems I get kids who are scared of making mistakes. They are all shocked when I say no one is perfect not even Moms and Dads

1 comment:

Granny said...

Baggage sent me over.

Amazing!!

I'm raising my 3 great-granddaughters, now 11, 12 & 14. The oldest has lived with me since she was 13 months old and the others have never lived anywhere else. I've been their legal guardian since 1996.

I'm trying to picture you and all those kids. Wow.

Best wishes. I'll be back.