Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Oh and

I shout to the heavens thank you for my breasts!!! Now that you have chocked on whatever you were eating or drinking. I breastfed my boys. So I used what nature gave me to feed my babies. Now there is NOTHING wrong with formula feeding heck breastfeeding is not for everyone.
Obviously I cannot breastfeed my foster son. Two weeks of formula cost close to $100. OMG!!! And with all of that money can they put some toward research to make the stuff not smell so rancid? ::::Shudder:::::

4 comments:

Granny said...

I don't know what the rules are in your state. Are you eligible for WIC?

You don't have to send me an answer. Just wondered if you knew about it and if it would help you.

It saved our lives when I began caring for my 3 great-grandchildren

Shari said...

I have two foster babies, one was on Similac which smelled awful and stained clothes. Really, should you feed an infant something that stains? The other was on Good Start which has a neutral smell and doesn't stain. I talked to the other babes Dr. and switched her to the Good Start also. Don't know which formula your babe is on but just thought I would let you know that there are options.

ps. I also breastfed my three and it took me awhile to get used to the whole bottle, making formula thing. It is a pain in the butt!

Angel The Alien said...

Yeah, why DOES formula smell so horrid? If I was a baby I would NOT want to drink that stuff. I think it should smell more like, I dunno, condensed milk or something.

AnnMarie said...

Hmmm, I keep hearing folks say it smells so bad but I never noticed it when feeding my DD. Anyway, what brand are you using? Can you transition him to a store brand (almost all store brands are the exact same thing, by the way, http://www.storebrandformulas.com/) which cost around $16/large can? We used Target's.