Monday, June 11, 2007

Excitement

OK Liam has plenty of issues. But they are all totally workable. He seems happy here and is adjusting well.
Just knowing he is LEGALLY FREE is exciting to me. Knowing there IS a possiblity we could be his forever family.....
But I would hate to heat from his CW that the other family is interested in him and they are chosen or something like that. That would be one hell of a blow. tell me how is it that we bond to these kids so quick? I know there are kids I have met and don't really care for. It seems though that all of the children placed here have been a great fit.
Liam has a kindergarten pre-placement screening on Wednesday to see if he is actually ready to start school in the fall. To think the CW says they have "been trying" to accomplish this for months at his old house. Either the CW is exaggerating or the old home was REALLY dragging their feet.
Liam seems to do well with his letters and numbers etc. He knows his colors too. He interacts well with his peers too. So we will see if it is K in the fall for him or if he will be 'home schooled' for one more year.
You know too the CW said she wants a SAHM for his adoptive placement. DH said sort of a duh they (the kids) need that. Then we started discussing since that is a requirement for the adoption can that be considered as part of the adoption subsidy? Hmm Guess I should do some reading huh?

1 comment:

Angel The Alien said...

Your house sounds like so much fun! I wish I was one of your kids! ;)