Saturday, June 16, 2007

More on our outing

Things went really well.
Here we are, Mom and Dad with seven boys in tow. When we walked and met someone new they started counting. I just smiled and said "Seven. Yes all boys" They we so darn well behaved. Seriously there were people there where there one child was being such a little brat. Yet here we come with our brood all saying their pleases and thank yous and excuse me's but having a wonderful time. They boxed with oversized gloves threw footballs and kicked soccer balls into this target thing. They ate ate and ate lol played on the playground and ran around. My bio boys the oldest two went on the alpine tower and the zip line swing. Not something I could give the OK for with foster kids....
Everyone commented on how great the kids were and how busy we must be. They asked if they were all ours. My answer is always "yes they are all mine" because each in their own way either by foster, by birth or (soon) adoption is MY child.
One lady said "are all of these boys yours by birth?" Ahh good question. Turns out she is also a foster mom ;) But to teens. But it figures she would know the 'right way' to ask.
The CO of my husbands ship said he was impressed with the kids and proud of us. His wife said she admired us. That is so odd. It was GREAT! But it felt weird to have someone say that you know?
I always get one of two reactions one is of appreciation the other is pity? Maybe distain? Not sure. These, negative reactions, are probably the ones who believe we do this "for the money" Which in itself is laughable. Probably the ones who have the visions of foster parents like the foster family in Antwone Fisher or something.
All in all it went spectacular and I am proud of ALL of my boys. Days like this make me want to go to places like amusement parks with them all.... then I come back to reality ;)

No comments: