Friday, May 25, 2007

One reply

We have put in an inquiry on two children. One 12 year old boy and one 3 year old girl. The one worker they had listed for the boy is no longer his worker and the actual current worker has not replied. The girls worker got back to me only to state the things she saw as wrong with ths girl. So I requested some claifications that will help us make our final decision to even get more info.
I still feel extremely terrible that while I am working with the boys and preparing them for when they go back to live with their mom and dad (or mom and boyfriend or Dad or whatever dynamic).....I am hoping that there is no family that comes forward and that the state moves for TPR and asks us to adopt these boys. I am the lowest scum I swear.

4 comments:

Liveinashoe said...

Nah, not scum at all. The important thing is your actions. If you are doing everything you can to help facilitate the kids to return to their parents, then it is OK to feel a different way in your heart. Your job is to take care of the kids and help to reunify them. That doesn't mean your job has to be to be the biggest fan of the bios or to even think reunification is a good idea. As long as you do nothing to indicate you do not think it is a good idea to the SWs or the kids, then feel however you want in your heart.

leslie said...

Heck NO your not! I do a little happy dance in my mind every time my foster daughter's biomom doesn't show for visits or can't have a visit for some reason. The fact that you want the these boys to stay with you means you are a good foster parent. Trust me, its normal to feel that way. Your doing a good job!

Gina said...

I am glad I am normal at least in this case. I am doing all I can to get these boys back to their mom. I am keeping up all the visits...even driving them to and from. We make stuff for their parents we talk about home etc.
The only thing I have told their worker is that they are great boys and have made great progress and we love having them here.
I am still wating to see what happens. I think we all are. The SW has even said the same and she wonders (outloud) why nothing has progressed further. Frustrating on all sides I suppose.

Angel The Alien said...

Nah, I think you're pretty normal! I mean, unless you're a cold-hearted person, you're going to get attached to the children, and some little part of you isn't going to want to see them leave! Keep up the good work!

- AnGeL