Monday, May 14, 2007

Frankie :)

The boys has his moments. Having a child who has been that age with "issues" I see a lot of possible issues in him as well...ADHD, ODD mabe a touch of OCD. Things for him do not come easy and it appears that he was allowed to just 'not try'. Made it very easy for him to slip through the cracks.
I have been doing all I can here to teach him how to read and working on hs speech difficulties. My proud Mama huge gem of the day..... The second week he was here he could barely read the very first kindergarten reader. Tonight he read me 3 pages from the #14 reader! He did not give up or whine or any of that he tried and did amazing!
I told him I was so proud of him...gave him a high five and a hug and told him he was a smart cookie. He turned to me and said "I am a smart cookie! My other Mom never said that. She never made me read to her. We didn't do reading time. I am doing good!"
I tell you tmes like that melt your heart and makes all the uncertain times and times you feel you are being jerked around fade away.
OK now to tuck in the brood and make them all burritos (tuckng them in really tight ;) )

No comments: