Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Everything

Is a lesson.....
Today Frankie asked me when I got Gunther, our German Shepherd. I explained he had a family before but something happened and they left him all alone in an apple orchard and he was just eating apples to survive. We found hm at the shelter and took him home to be a part of our family. He said "Like us!! he was lucky to come here" I told him that we were the lucky ones that we are able to share a life with Gunther. Just like I feel very lucky to share our home and our lives right now with him and his brothers. He asked about the other German Shepherd so we told his rescue story too. Then the conversation went to bugs or something like that hahaha BUT I think it was an awesome connection he made.
Tomorrow is speech class for Pierce He is doing so well. I cannot wait to hear about his progress tomorrow.

3 comments:

Angel The Alien said...

Wow, that is really cool! That sort of reminds me of this TV movie I saw where kids who had been abused really connected with animals who had also been abused. It gives them a chance to connect with somebody who is sort of in the same boat as them, and also be able to love and take care of that "somebody" (the animal!!!)

Gina said...

Oh I think I saw that show too! A lady started this little 'farm' with unwanted and abused animals. There was one little boy I remember that was really connected to one of the animals saying how the animal understood him or something along those lines.

KrazyMom said...

Isn't it great that he made that connection! Just goes to show what a blessing he sees you as in his life...not taking you for granted! These boys sound like they are doing wonderfully in your care!