Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Certifiable

In an effort to make things easier and keep these boys together. I TURNED DOWN placement of baby girl!
Part of me wants to cry....no sob. But no I turned down the placement to keep these siblings together. Why did I have to? No one could agree on it, it being the license exception. The placement coordinator would have fought for the exception had I wanted her to.
Part of me is OK with it all though. I really do love these boys and I think we can help them a lot.
I always said I was not up for straight fostering. That I couldn't handle it at all. I didn't WANT to have kids for the unknown amount of time. Yet here I am doing just that and passing up a newborn adoptive placement??? What is wrong with me?!?!?

4 comments:

Liveinashoe said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry you had to make this choice.

It's crazy how kids grow on you, even when they are here for short times or unknown times, huh?

I'm really sorry that you had to make this choice at all.

Gina said...

it is crazy quite crazy. I took in sibling #3 with being told there would be an exception. Then I took him in and things changed. But I really do feel that they need to be together and no matter how painful I know (maybe hope) I am doing the right thing.
The placement coordinatior was a bit amazed I think. Heck I am too. She did say though that I am top on the list for another newborn/baby placement. We will see.
In my heart and soul though I know I am doing right by these boys.

Anotheramy said...

Because you love what you have. You want whats best for the boys youve got instead of the unknown.

Lisa said...

Wow, what an incredibly selfless choice, I applaud you for keeping them together when so many don't.