Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Those workers you have worked with

When they find out you are considering dropping foster care once the adoption is final it is amazing how they call and try to talk you out of it. Liam's worker will be by this afternoon to see DH and Liam together (SOP). She says she NEEDS to talk to me. She says if EVERY good foster parent got out after one CPS referral she would be in a world of hurt!
She wants to keep me in the ranks for at the very least HER kids lol
I told her I would tlak to her and have an open mind so we will see.
Our licensor was very anti us quitting too. She is willing to do whatever to get us to stay. I am glad she went to bat for us with the investegator.
I will take time to make the decision final I suppose

2 comments:

AnnMarie said...

Yeah, yesterday I wondered ifI should tell you not to tell anyone because you'd get a hard sell to stick with it. On the other hand, my DH remembers his house actually being closed (IE, foster kids removed for a while) due to abuse allegations that were never substantiated. I know it will be different when we are the ones being accused, but at least he has had experience with it in the past and knows going in that it's likely to happen to us, too. So I guess I'd push you to stick with it. If all the good...., not, the GREAT foster parents like you quit, where would we be?

Other Mother said...

I agree -- take some time to make your decision. Not every worker is good (or bad) and allegations are horrible to go through - but you're stronger for having experienced it. Everything is a learning experience - for us, as well as the kiddos.