Tuesday, August 28, 2007

DOH!!

Well today was the visit with liams worker. She had to meet dh face to face to make sure HE also wanted to adopt. I was under the impression that she had met dh before... WRONG. In all of the time Liam has been here she and Dh have never met! hahaha He has either been out to sea or at work.
Anyway she talked to me about an allegation SHE faced as a parent (she has been a foster parent before as well). She asked us to reconsider quitting. She later asked about how many openings we had. Dh piped up and said well two until March when we are expecting the little one. I love the man I REALLY do. But we were going to just keep that info to ourselves for at least another month or two.
She looks at us and says.. "You are pregnant?" My heart sank. I said "yes" She said "that is great! The same thing happened to me after we adopted" WHEW. I did tell her we were already asked the question if we were "giving back the other kids" I told her that as I told them "no way no how". Now she wants to know one thing. The gender! She says to let her know when we find out the gender so she knows what we have room for.

******
I talked to my MIL today I asked if I paid for her plane ticket would she come up and help during the delivery (C-section) and/or after. I explained I would really need her should dh not be able to be here (wouldn't you know this babe is coming when the world needs his/her daddy to go do his Navy thing). I didn't get my whole sentence out before she sais "YES"! WHEW a load off my mind


*****
Tonight I made spaghetti and meatballs, corn, garlic bread and I have a peach cobbler finishing up in the oven. I over did myself. No really I am exhausted!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so thrilled that everything is working out for you guys! Bless your DH's heart, he just cannot contain his excitement. I never was able to wait more than 2 days after peeing on a stick to tell someone, well everyone, and it has bit me in the butt before, but I never learn.

If you guys do consider fostering or even respite, I would have it as a condition that you don't work with the transporter again, she sounds like a ticking time bomb.

Gina said...

Yeah dh is just way excited. I think it is cute. He tells everyone at work. Everyone we talk into. He LOVES to answer the question "How many kids DO you have???" and then to throw in I am pregnant too... well he smiles the whole time.

DH and I are still discussing it. He LOVES Bear (we all do) but this baby has his heart. He does not want me to give notice on him. He does say if TFH (transporter from Hell) gives us more problems it will be a her or us situation.

Angel The Alien said...

It is very strange but I have heard of many many families who concieved children right after they either adopted a child or entered the process of adoption! Maybe all that thinking about the new addition on its way to your family makes your body think that IT is responsible for providing the new addition! Fascinating, isn't it?