Friday, September 28, 2007

Bill

I think that will be his name. He is here. We spent the day together today we chit chatted about video games. house stuff, food, rules and chores. He also got tortured with his first trip to Costco.
It is weird because I know he knows his mom is going to TPR. He also knows that his worker was looking for an adoptive home for him. But I do not want to make the assumption that he will be adopted by us or that everything will work out. I know that there is a honeymoon period. I can HOPE that things work out. I can hope that we get to adopt him but it also feels awkward to say things that may make him feel like we are just "taking him for a test drive" and if we do not like him we will send him packing.
He seems like a good kid all around. We will see how things go but my gut feeling says it is a good fit ;)

1 comment:

Angel The Alien said...

Thats nice that you got to spend some time alone with him! Sounds like a good idea to let him warm up to you all for a while before telling him about adoption! :)