Thursday, September 06, 2007

shhhhhh

Wow this is amazing. My three oldest are in school today. Liam was more excited than I have ever seen him. He has been looking forward to riding the bus since the day he got here.
My 9y/o, well he has to take a special bus to the gifted program. So our regular bus driver gets confused when he doesn't get on her bus 4 days a week. On another note he LOVES the new program. He said "Mom I love it! We have free reign. I can be as creative or move as fast as I want. None of the teacher doing the 'blah blah blah' repeating the same stuff over and over again. The teacher gives us our assignment and we do it how WE want to" I really think this program (thus far) is a perfect fit for him and his learning style.
My oldest. Well he is TRYING really hard. he is starting off the school year making an effort. Getting things done. doing things with enthusiasim. I can cross my fingers this will last. With his social and large group difficulties he is back on the special ed bus to and from school. He was NOT happy about it. But as much as I hate to say it... this is better for him AND my sanity and I pushed for it to happen. Though do not tell him that because he would hate me for a long time.
I am REALLY looking forward to my 2y/o starting preschool next fall! He will love it. He is a smart cookie but he will do well with more same age play/interaction.

No comments: