Monday, October 01, 2007

Hmmmm

It is interesting. I am very leery of being tricked, for lack of better words, by DSHS. Bill is here Bill is a great fit (so far). He has some problems including coming from NO structure (I will not be popular when he gets rules inforced). Anyway I get a call from another CW today, one that helped us with his stuff the day I picked him up. She called to give me the name and number of his transporter (Bill still has one weekly visit). She too was very excited he was here and she said that when she saw him that day that was the most she had seen him smile. She has known him for awhile and she sees/observes him during visits etc.
Wow umm it makes me wonder one of two things. How miserable was he?? and are they trying to just snow me??
turns out though Liams worker knows about him. She was contacted to be his adoption worker. She is going to look over his file and then tell me if there are any red flags I should be aware of.

2 comments:

KrazyMom said...

That sure sounds strange. Poor kid seems to have been miserable, whatever the situation was. I am glad things are going well for him in your care.

Other Mother said...

Waiting for TPR is the hardest part, I think. Is that where you are with Liam? (I haven't been reading long.) It is the 'plan' --but the agancy has to do their work (and preparing the case isn't the priority), and then it seems to take FOREVER to get it into court. It's worth it in the end, though!