Monday, September 24, 2007

Oh man!

I have the House rules speech geared more toward the 7 and under crowd! I need to revamp it for (boy who has yet to be nicknamed).
-respect others
-respect yourself
-respect your things and the things of others
-one per bed
-no touching of anyones 'private areas' (which leads to the yours is yours do what you want just do it in private)
-explination of what "in private" means
-food rules ask before you take. take only what you will eat

What else should I include?


I need to sit and talk with (boy who has yet to be nicknamed) about what his expectations are re allowance. And come to a compromise.
We need to reassign/redistribute chores. discuss bed times TV and gaming rules.
Ummmmm I think that is it?

2 comments:

Other Mother said...

Hi - I've been reading your blog for a while - I think I found it through Baggage. Congrats on your new arrival!

Angel The Alien said...

Can't wait to hear about Boy Who Still Needs Nickname!
Your rules sound great... I especially like the first three. When I worked with kids in foster care in a learning center we used the rules "Keep yourself safe, keep others safe, keep all of our things safe," and your rules sound pretty much the same... Those three rules cover just about everything!