Friday, September 21, 2007

The 15 y/o

Will not be coming to live with us. Yes I am a little disappointed. BUT.....dang there is my big butt again ;p . Today I get a desperate email of kids needing placement in our area from our placement coordinator. I read through the kids, some with chronic problems some SA cases even one that was listed as an offender. Sigh that is a lot of no's in one email. Then we get to the last one. A 12y/o NA (Alaskan Native actually) boy who is a bit reserved and shy. Hey look at that he is available for adoption and is coming from a relative placement...hmmm I want more info. I get more info hmm placement paperwork gives minimal info UGH. I email the coordinator back and say ok based on this I am interested but need MORE info. I get the workers # we talk and well... This kid aside from being a bit withdrawn and a bit too much into video games (a coping mechanism he was the family caretaker...he used video games to be a kid) he sounds WONDERFUL. And JUST like our oldest but without the emotional problems and rages etc (thank you Bipolar disorder sigh) He has family in the area. And the worker would like us to "consider" letting that continue. OK we do that already with Liam.
We are attempting to arrange a meeting this weekend or early next week :)

1 comment:

Angel The Alien said...

Wow, you have a lot going on right now, huh! Can't wait to hear more about the 12-year-old who may be joining you!