Thursday, July 05, 2007

OKie Dokie WTheck is going to happen?

I have Baby who is now 4 months old. Trying not to divulge any personal info. this is not his bioparents first dealing with not having kids with them. One child was to be adopted by a family member. That child was taken by the tribe to another family in another state. That case was in that other state while the family member (who WAS going to adopt)lives just around the corner from me. Baby's case is being handled by the state we are in..... confused yet? The SW called today and said "so you are his foster-adopt placement right?" Ummmmmmm I replied "oh we would LOVE to adopt him he is a wonderful baby, but last we were told the goal was RU". I got the impression from the answer that it does not look like it will go that way??

So at this point I guess we are identified as his possible adoptive placement?? But if the tribe gets involved and wants to take it over we could lose him.
Ugh major suckage. I know that he has the entire family wrapped around his chubby little finger. My DH and boys would JUMP at the chance to welcome him as a permanant part of our lives. I go in tomorrow to DCFS to meet with his social worker and have some screenings done.Maybe I will have more answers then? wish us luck.


Liams grandpa will be here next weekend! He is coming for our little mans birthday dinner. It will be nice to meet him. He did say that if we were uneasy with his communication with Liam to assure Liam did not get bounced around any more he would step out of the picture if that is what we wanted. I assured him we were happy he was there for Liam and we welcome him into our family. He did also state that his daughter (Liams bio mom) asks about Liam but he hasn't told her anything other than he is fine and will not say any more unless we want him to. So now we are at a point where we have to talk about that too. UGH. I am all for open adoptions honest. Having some sort of contact with her and us NOT with Liam would help all involved. But she is NOT someone I want in his life. When he is 18 that is up to Liam But at 5 he does not heed that inconsistancy and the drama some lifestyles bring.
Grandpa loves the pitures I send too. So my photography bug does not intimidate him haha

No comments: