Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Higher standard

OK let me start by saying we really love all kinds of different cultures. We explore different cultures every opportunity we get I love testing out new foods (shhhhh hehe). That being said there is nothing like being told you have to do things for a child culturally when you KNOW their own bio parents don't do anything to enhance/nuture their culture. If I had this child on my own with a person of a different ethnicity/culture not one person require I expose this child to his or her culture from the fathers side. Like I said I do not mind doing it I am actually looking forward to it. It's not just a job it's an adventure hehehe It is just the inequality of requirements that makes me scratch my head.

1 comment:

Angel The Alien said...

They probably just put that requirement in writing so birth parents won't use "cultural neglect" or something like that as a way of saying they should get their kids back even when they're not doing the things they need to do???