Friday, April 20, 2007

Some of the saddest things

That I have heard today
-"you mean I get more than broccoli for dinner?"
-" Here is the towel I used so everyone else can use it." "But honey we all get our own towels" "We do?!?!?! That's cool!" Said with the biggest smile on his face.

They ate dinner like champs. Seems they like everything so I was worried about nothing! I did let the pick out fuits today. We have one pineapple and several types of apples haha they love them
They got new underwear and PJ's and they loved picking them out!
The boys are 6 and 5.
The oldest will start school Monday! I am excited hehe. They have a lot of rivalry. They come to physical blows often. I have bruises on my legs from kicks and on my arms from pinches. BUT things are getting better.
I got another call about the baby today. Mom is out of the hospital. Walking around at 4cm dialated! Jeesh could be anytime. The worker wanted to talk to us about our willingness for an open adoption and all. Interesting convo. The baby may have been drug exposed in early pregnancy. They will be doing a screen at birth as well. Keep her and her momma in your prayers if you could.
No more time to update. So more to come after bed time ;)

4 comments:

Maerlowe said...

Sounds like you're doing great. When Huck first came home, we had no idea what he liked, either, and he was so shellshocked that he couldn't tell us, so we went with kiddie food like chicken strips and tater tots and chocolate milk, and after a while he was able to tell us if he liked things or not. It took a few weeks, and by the time we figured out what he liked, he decided he didn't like it anymore, but oh well.

Unknown said...

Oh wow, sounds like things are going great! When Austin first came home, he asked things like "what is this green stuff on my plate" or "you mean I have my OWN BED??" Congrats Gina!

Lisa said...

Wow, what a way to start! I had a similar situation with clothes with my first placement. She was 4, came late at night, was filthy, had too big of sweatpants, a ripped shirt, no underwear or socks, filthy too big boots, and a horrible, too big coat. I now have bins and bins to put clothes I pick up from time to time at thrift stores. Good luck!!!

Liveinashoe said...

I'm so excited for you and keeping you guys in my thoughts.