Friday, April 27, 2007

Frustration

You know I want to say first off I am trying my best to be a supportive foster mom. I love the boys and I am helping them with their school etc. I give the mom colorings the boys do and pictures I tell the boys Mom and Dad love them even though they never ask.....
But it frustrates me....close to angers me, when I hear how Mom is not complying with things to get her boys back. Leaving paperwork behind refusing to talk to sw's etc. Why? Seriously you would think she would be bending over backwards to get the boys back. Par for the course? Will she ever get her butt in gear? ugh
OK back to watching Happy Feet with my penguin obsessed brood hehehe

3 comments:

Mary said...

Often, these parents are so emotionally stunted that they simply don't have the maturity to realize how serious all of this is. It is extremely maddening and heartbreaking to watch and be a part of this lack of commitment.

Anotheramy said...

It's very frustrating, and all too common. I didn't read back to see if you said why the kids are in foster care but, it doesnt really matter. The parent who has lost custody often has so many emotions involved with their side of the situation that they just dont do anything. Part of that is feeling like a failure, feeling like their kids dont love them anymore, feeling that the kids are better off in foster care than with them, then the other side of those thoughts, like they were cheated, that its not fair, a conspiracy.

Anotheramy said...

I forgot to mention the real reason I commented in the first place. Cyber bouquet of flowers and a hug to you for understanding that the kids love their parents no matter what.