Saturday, April 21, 2007

better

since Friday..ONE fight. They have bickered and heck that always happens with siblings but only one fight. So much better. I may even brave the store with them again tomorrow.
I will be calling the 6 y/o Frankie (after blue eyes) and the 5 y/o He will be dubbed Pierce (he has piercing blue eyes)
DH has duty and is missing out on the fun today. haha But he is thinking of me I am sure.
I have gotten a couple of hugs today!! Huge milestone :) I also have a beautiful Pokemon picture that Pierce colored for me.
Talking to the social worker there will be an hour visitation a week. Maybe two one for Mom and one for Dad. I said if they work around MY schedule I could do the driving to DSHS. Of course I get paid for mileage.
Pierce is not in kindergarten. For whatever reason. I really think he is smart enough to be, and old enough . I called my friend down the street who is actually a kindergarten teacher at the local school. She is helping me gather some resources to help him and keep him educationally stimulated.
Frankie starts school Monday. I am anxious. However I don't think he cares much.

You know the other thing.... Does DSHS normally drop kids off without using car seats to transport them? The worker who dropped the boys off did not have any car seats and these boys are BOTH required car seats under the law. I have car seats and bought a booster so that isn't an issue for me. I was just wondering if that was "normal"

4 comments:

Liveinashoe said...

Well, they do that here. First off, a lot of the social workers don't seem to know the rule here (8 years old or 80 lbs) but the simple truth is they don't have car seats/booster seats. Although here, they usually will ask the foster parents to come pick up the kids because they don't have seats.

Maerlowe said...

Huck's old SW has a booster and a car seat in the back of her car for transporting kids, but the seats are hers, so they don't go with kids. Pretty normal, I think. I've never heard of a SW leaving a car seat with a kid.

Gina said...

yeah I didn't expect them to leave a carseat at all. I was prepared with a few carseats (Though I should have got a booster too) but it struck me as odd the the SW didn't use a carseat to transport them.

FosterMommy said...

the county is required to keep those kids safe. any car they're in should have a car seat for each child, if required by law. If the sw doesn't have car/booster seats, then they should have a transportation person who does have them.
our county pays for us to buy car seats for our kids. and we get to keep them. So with our first baby, they paid for an infant seat and then we used that with all our subsequent babies.
When Niblet grew into a toddler seat, the county paid for that, too. and now we still have it (and still use it for her!)