Thursday, November 08, 2007

Whew

I think I did it ok
Today he tells my 9y/o that Bill is going to make me so mad I will kick him out.
Bill packs his stuff now every few days. He insists he is leaving.
I let him pack. I let him keep his things in boxes if that is what he is comfortable with. I told him that "You can pack our stuff you can live out of boxes for months if that is what you want. But I am not kicking you out and I am not giving up on you"
He insisted he will take his things and "live on the side of the road until someone picks me up" After I told him it is cold wet and muddy he said "OK I will wait until spring" I laughed and said well at least it will be warmer wet and muddy" He smiled and said "OK Summer" I looked at him with a big ol' smile and said "do you forget what state we live in?" Which led to us laughing about it.
He did not want me to call his social worker. I offered. Which also leads me to believe he is truly testing me and my feelings for him.
So by letting him have stuff packed is doing nothing that will damage him forever right?

1 comment:

Yondalla said...

If you are both smiling and laughing at the end it sounds like you hit on an appropriate response.

I think you showed amazing empathy and respect.