Thursday, November 08, 2007

My obsessions

I have had a few obsessions over the years. Some have stuck and some have not. I am sure we are all happy some didn't stick haha But the one I am glad that stuck is my love for reading. I remember being the kid in fifth and sixth grade with my nose buried in a book. My favotrite author at that point in my life was Stephen King. I read everything of his I could get my hands on, even the Richard Bachman stuff. Bonus points to anyone who knows anything about Richard Bachman call yourself a fan haha. For those of you who don't.... did you ever watch the movie Running man? The written story 10 times better. His writing is so involving he can bring you into the novel and engross you completely.
One of my favorite stories was The Mist. I rank it right behind The Stand IMO. The books that have been made into movies some are complete disappointments. I do not find this true with Stephen King. Somehow they are adapted quite well to movie form. When I was watching TV with my son and and an ad came on for The Mist by Stephen King (take a look at the trailer!)OMG!!! It was like a toy ad for my kids I screamed and said I HAVE to see it!!! haha. I have my 13 year old son started on Kings books. He asked what the book was about and I told him I remember being able to go back to the pictures I created in my own mind when I was reading the book. I really cannot wait to see how well they do with this movie. I think it will be a great movie to go see. Umm anyone want to be my date??

No comments: