Friday, October 26, 2007

So My Mom

Is coming up tomorrow. No big deal to most I am sure. It really isn't a big deal. I am happy that she will be here this weekend. I have so much going on that an extra set of hands can be a great asset this weekend. Most of the time we do not share the same interests. She does some things that can be quite fun however. I like some odd things though like antique shopping. I think it is a matter of finding that hidden treasure. And the history behind the items, what people were like who had the items, what happened in their lives. This coming from the woman who wonders what had happened on the spot she is standing thousands of years ago. I guess it comes from the history lover in me :) Where we are there are a lot of places to hopefully find that hidden treasure. BUT while I think we have some gems to be found here, it is nothing compared to the finds that can be found in St Augustine Florida (Not to mention that kick butt lighthouse that was on Ghost Hunters!)There are actually a lot of Events in St. Augustine with Uptown Saturday Nights on Oct. 27th and Nov 24th. There is free parking and some shops with open houses have free grub. Heck it sounds better than a "Costco lunch" hahaha
Now to get that plane ticket..... and a free babysitter. That isn't asking too much right?

No comments: