Sunday, October 14, 2007

Don't we all??

Bill has some problems with My oldest sons mood shifts. I want to say join the club. But it is hard to do that. I try hard to explain that he is mean sometimes we all know this but he has issues with anger and while that does not excuse it it is something to keep in mind. I told him we can all hope that when he starts medications next week he will be easier to live with. OK I got woken up by WWIII at 2 am. I diffused the situation and they are friends again but damn DAILY??? I am tired! My oldest screwed up though. Bill is an abuse survivor. My oldest did something to Bill that triggered a flashback of being beaten. I completely understand where Bill is coming from
I am making no sense and I am exhausted!!
Night

1 comment:

Yondalla said...

Evan, through no fault of his, triggered my abuse memories and feelings. I work with just a fantastic (and well-funded) agency that they paid a private counselor for me for months while he lived with me.

I think it is a real danger living with abused children. On one hand we can use our experience to understand theirs, on the other hand, it our own feelings are pretty powerful and also difficult to deal with.

I recommend counseling with someone who works specifically with abuse survivors or if substance abuse was involved, I recommend Alanon. It really helped.