Monday, February 04, 2008

I knew it

I had a meeting with Mav's social worker today. I expressed my concerns about his hbehavior and how at this point I cannot handle it. That fostering outside of my age range was a VERY bad idea (on my part) and I am better equipped for younger children.
Well one of my fears was false allegations with his RAD and the stories he told me about others.... Well apparently we are not feeding him. the social worker said I am NOT accusing you. I SEE how many snack foods alone you have out for the kids I have seen a dinner here, but I have to ask. Yeah We feed him duh if I didn't feed kids I could save a LOT of money!! lol
I am glad I am having him moved I CANNOT open myself up to another false allegation.

2 comments:

Yondalla said...

As committed as I am to teens, I don't think that they mix well with little ones, and I have refused a teen once because she had accused every caregiver she ever had of abuse.

Gina said...

Oh I realize that more and more. My oldest (13) is great around the kids (MOST of the time) but he has always had a younger sibling. Makes a huge difference.
The two children I have had any issues with are the two that I took outside of my age range. I had some reservations I should have listened.
As much as we would like to help a teen. We are not in a position to do do right now. Our family structure just will not allow it.