Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Another week

Mav will be moved within the next week or week and ahalf. During the meeting the adoptive parents (this is a screwy situation trust me) and I were echoing each other and agreeing about behaviors and such. We ALL suspect RAD. The parents were ALSO not told things that should have been disclosed.
We both got in our displeasure about placement and workers not giving enough information to help US as parents give these children the help and support they need. In my short time I have a list of complaints about the system THIS is a BIG one.
Anyway I insisted that this boy be moved prior to my husband deploying period. He is SO different without a male role model present. But since I cannot give them a date, It is a matter of "this is when he has to leave"

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I concur completely, and who suffers most in the long run? The kids because they are sent to live somewhere where the family does not have all the necessary information and maybe arent' able or willing due to other children in the home to deal with what is presented and the child doesn't work there, so they leave, and leave, and no wonder they can't attach. The workers just perpetuate their own horrible system. !!!!! Yuck!!!

Yondalla said...

I'm sorry. Even when it is the right thing it is still hard to live through. Does he know? How is he responding to being moved again?

Gina said...

I am not sure he does know. He may. I have not told him though. The CW wanted to tell him. I would prefer my life not be made hell when I do not even have a firm date at this point.
The parents are trying to find someone to take him in. The comments of "We do not want to subject our family and friends to his behaviors and the possibilities" made me cringe a bit.