Saturday, February 17, 2007

weird

You know when the adoption worker and foster care worker were here I talked about looking at the NWAE website at the available children. Also that I was looking forward to our approved homestudy so we could look at the group of children listed on another site before put on the main NWAE site for all to see. They actually said how those children have so many more problems than are listed on the sites (we knew this) and that we should rethink those from the site. Basically almost a "let us hook you up with a better kid" thing. I don't know it is hard to explain. Just weird. Like they have a special stash of "better" kids.
The adoption worker has called us several times as she is writing up our home study. She is trying to write us up to sound the best she can. Which is weird in itself. But I guess in a way it is like a resume...but instead of a job we are applying for children.
Also weird small world type stuff. When I took our pre-service training, it was taught by two women both of which told us stories about their lives and children. Turns out one of the ladies that taught the class...well her son is our painter!! Small world no?? so he and I have been talking about adoption. He and his wife are foster parents and have adopted from the system. So it has been very helpful :)
Anyway it is late and I had a rough day and I am off to bed :)

1 comment:

Liveinashoe said...

Usually the kids do not go to the photolistings until they can't find someone to take them locally. So they have more problems than "the better kids." I'm glad your worker wants to make your homestudy sound good! It is usually the only way other workers will know about you, so it has to sound good!!