Saturday, August 25, 2007

Folks Thank you

I have to say that I am completely disheartened with the system. I truly feel like I am being punished for doing the RIGHT thing. It was someone else who failed this little boy.
When they say "It is not IF you get investigated it is WHEN." they are not lying.
This is minor I know. I did nothing wrong I know. But being made out to be the BAD guy when you did all you were supposed to....well it bites. It is a feeling I never ever want to go through again.
Heck I even contacted Liams social worker let her know there is an investigation and also let her know I hope it doesn't interfere with the adoption. Also once Liams adoption is final, I am done with foster care. I know she will understand. She has the same feelings about the systen as I now do. But I believe in being honest and being upfront.
Foster care may be great for some people and many do it for many many years. I thought we would be one of those families. Now it looks that I will be done in under a year.
I will have had 6 kids (aside from Liam in my care). So at least I was able to help a few kids before I was done.

1 comment:

Angel The Alien said...

This is so sad... The system is screwing itself over by causing grief to GOOD foster parents. I think foster parenting is the biggest challenge a person can accept... foster parents are basically VOLUNTEERING to raise other people's kids on a 24/7 basis, for little or no thanks or compensation! And the fact that they are treating you like this...? Horrifying! What are they planning to do with all the kids in the system, once they manage to humiliate all the good foster parents into quitting? Its so bogus. :(