Sunday, March 02, 2008

Bear

I called Bears biomom today we chatted about his upcoming year check-up. I told her when and where it is so she can come if she wanted to. We talked a bit and she asked if I was expecting a baby soon. I told her yes the 18th. She was so happy and even happier when I told her Bear was staying here ;)
We chatted a bit about him and his birthday (tomorrow) and what I got him. I was able to find Yupik childrens books for him. She was in shock that A: they made them and B: I took the time to find them :) She said how happy she is that I am doing those things for him.....
She later asked if I was willing to be a permanant resource for him! She says she is still trying to get him back but if she doesn't she wants to know if we would keep him. Yeah chew on that one. Knocked me on my butt :)
She thanked me again for the picture and all. They love it.

2 comments:

Baggage said...

How great that you guys are developing such a good relationship.

Gina said...

I am glad that ALL of the social workers have not had a problem with it (we are on #4). Plus biomom is as good as can be expected in her position. She does not see me as the enemy but a friend which is nice. Though I am very careful not to cross those boundaries you know?