Thursday, November 29, 2007

Mr Depp

to his friends haha. Through the years he has done a lot of screen work. Heck I have very fond memories of 21 Jumpstreet. Do you know that I looked around school and wondered who the undercover was? Yeah I lead a lonely childhood haha.
Looking back at his movies though it is hard to pinpoint what my favorites are. Edward Scissorhands has to come in one of the top slots. I love Tim Burton films anyway. A bit dark with a bit of deep thought required to get everything ;) I appreciate a good thought movie as much as I appreciate a good old sit and do not have to think except for mindless violence or comedy (hence the term mindless haha). But I loved the emotion. The loss of his father. The wanted to be accepted by normal society. Yet that normal society was far from normal. The manicured to perfection lawns the cookie cutter houses, the perfect on the outside and dysfunctional as the rest of us on the inside families. The to find love... ahhh darn movie makes me cry each and every time!
Then again one of his more recent movies Pirates of the Carribean. Oh my goodness some yummy pirate action! Ok I will be the first to admit, I could do without the eyeliner!! But the action and the one liners I love it. Plus I have a 5 year old who is absolutely obsessed with all things Pirates and Wants to be Captain Jack Sparrow when he is done being and Army Man and then a firefighter haha. The Priate outcast. Never really thought that was even possible haha I thought an outcast pirate was an outcast pirate.
It is hard to pick one I like more. I like each for a different reason. But I think I could watch Pirates untilmy eyeballs fall out. And my five year old tests that haha
Now imagine my surprise when the other day I saw a trailer for Sweeny Todd!! I caught part of it on tv and had to truck on over to the visit the official Sweeney Todd movie site Ok Double bonus for me I like the story Sweeny Todd. The morbid humor and story of revenge Yeah buddy bring it on! Of course like anything else you can catch it on MySpace for updates and info :) visit Sweeney Todd on MySpace

No comments: