Tuesday, April 24, 2007

May I vent

We got Frankie and Pierce the day after they were taken from their home. They have a younger brother. He (the brother) was taken that first night into another foster home. The older boys, my boys were placed with an emergency placement for one night then here.
Fine things happen and with emergency removals from home you may not have all of the information on the children. BUT I get the kids placed with me on Thursday. I am told their names and ages and given their files. So far so good right? Friday their worker calls me and says well the youngests name we gave you isn't his name it is this name. "His mom told us that was his name" The kids are insistant that no that is not his name his name is the original name we were told. I let the worker know "they boys insist his name is this" She says "oh the Mom may be wrong" WHAT?!?!?! The mom doesn't know for sure?? Oh man. That gives me warm fuzzies.
So you know what? We call the little one by the name he says is his.
Yet all of our paperwork and his medical card (which I got Aprils and Mays in the mail today) has his original name we were given not the name his mother says is his name. Confused yet?? haha

1 comment:

Mary said...

We've dealt with "mom" not knowing things as well. It's really sad to think that these women are so wrapped up in the drama and chaos around them that they don't know things such as names and birthdates anymore. Hang in there!